With summer in full swing, it's hard not to think about enjoying Minnesota's glorious outdoors at our many lakes and parks. I have a new listing in Plymouth and when I saw a city trail bordering a
creek out the back windows I was reminded of its nearly 150 miles of
trails, 1,200 acres of park land and multiple bodies of water including the second largest lake in the metro area, Medicine Lake… all part of why it is nationally recognized for its quality of life.
The north end of Medicine Lake was the site of the encampment of the original
inhabitants of the area, the Dakota. Now the home French Regional Park, this a great family destination and part of the Three Rivers Park District.
Living and working in the area, it's easy to take our wonderful communities for granted… but this third-largest Twin Cities suburb has been on CNN Money's list of America's best places to live at least three times, including holding the #1 spot in the country in 2008.
Located 12 miles northwest of downtown Minneapolis, the Plymouth community is known for its…
- Extensive trails and parks
- Picturesque open spaces
- Strong neighborhoods
- Diverse recreation programs
- Highly regarded school districts
- A variety of local businesses
- Nearby shopping and entertainment
- Easy access to downtown Minneapolis and its many cultural and sports venues
Thinking you might like to live in Plymouth, MN? There are currently 325 homes for sale in Plymouth, with an average price of $405,002 and average year built of 1989. With topnotch schools, good jobs, low crime and an active outdoor culture, Plymouth is a great location within 30 minutes of downtown Minneapolis and also not far from Lake Minnetonka, the largest, sprawling lake in the metro area. Check out Plymouth homes for sale… then let me know if you would like to get in and check out any properties for yourself!
- Plymouth, MN – America's Best Place to Live
- Sunday's Site – French Park & Medicine Lake
- West Medicine Lake Park… on the second largest lake in the metro
- Sunday's Site – Luce Line Trail, Plymouth