I am a self-confessed homemade ice cream lover and after we left the house of an upcoming listing in Fridley yesterday I remembered hearing about a shop in Fridley we had never visited. So… I looked it up and was delighted to learn we were only about 5 minutes away from ‘Grandpa’s Ice Cream‘! Loved the kid size bench out front next to the adult bench!
Just so you know, I don’t love just any ice cream… but Grandpa’s Ice Cream was fabulous! Many unique flavors and more with nuts (I happen to be a nut lover) than most shops. I had Salty Almond and John had Salty Caramel… both with exceptional flavor!
Now that we have been there, I have to ask myself… “what took us so long?” This absolutely makes my list of favorite Twin Cities homemade ice cream shops!
- My favorite Twin Cities homemade ice cream shops
- Sebastian Joe’s… homemade ice cream to lick around the city lakes
- Grand Ole Creamery… making homemade ice cream since 1984
- Sunday’s Site – Crema Cafe, Minneapolis
- Great licks at Edina Creamery
- Izzy’s Ice Cream Cafe… home of the ‘izzy’ scoop and the ice cream hot dish
- Pumphouse Creamery… one of the best ice cream spots in the country
- Milkjam Creamery… inventive new Uptown homemade ice cream shop
- Adele’s… serving fresh frozen custard in Minnetonka lake country since 1988