Great neighborhoods tend to draw you in… they feel comfortable and visually appealing, with a memorable character. Of course it all depends on what is appealing to you!
Some specific things to look for…
- Clean streets, good lighting, appealing landscaping, green space nearby
- Interesting architecture and design (from any era)
- Handy grocery store, place to grab a snack or quick lunch, drug store/pharmacy, farmer's market, place to walk your dog, go running, play with your kids/grandkids
- Easy to get in and out of, with alternate means of transportation (walk, bike, drive, mass transit)
- Places where there are things you like to do… for you, your family, friends, visitors… restaurants, parks and trails, breweries, sports fields, playgrounds, theaters, museums, shopping… whatever YOU like to do!
- Neighborhood gathering spots… places where neighbors can get to know each other, which can be as simple as walkable sidewalks and benches
A great neighborhood is more than just its location… it has qualities that make it a great place to live.
Sharlene Hensrud, RE/MAX Results – Neighborhood Realtor
The HomesMSP Team - Sharlene, John, Angela – Minneapolis-St. Paul Realtors