I first visited New Brighton's Windsor Green about 25 years ago, when a cousin of mine lived there. At that time we were living in Eden Prairie and I was not yet a Realtor. I didn't think much about it other than it was 'nice'.
Fast forward to 2000, when I became a Realtor and then to 2011, some friends asked me to represent them in the sale of their town home in Windsor Green. It took me awhile to realize that the unit I was selling was the same one that had belonged to my cousin!
The more I learned about Windsor Green, the more impressed I was. Windsor Green was the first owner-occupied townhouse complex in Minnesota, begun in 1964. It was well planned then and continues to be effectively self-managed and maintained, with an onsite manager hired by the association board. No rentals are allowed, resulting in residents who take pride in their homes.
Its thoughtful plan with spacious units of six different designs with attached double garages, 34 acres of beautiful, park-like grounds with miles of paths, 2 swimming pools, tennis courts and playgrounds give the feeling of owning your home in a resort setting where everything outside is taken care of for you.
All this, and Silverwood Regional Park (part of Three Rivers Park District) with a focus on arts and the environment is right across the street… and Silver Lake Village with shopping, dining and services is just down the street only about half a mile away. MAP
But what really sets Windsor Green apart is its sense of community. I got a message from a newer resident who felt compelled to contact me and tell me that "in moving to Windsor Green, I've struck gold in terms of landing in a really close-knit community." Read her whole story…
Owners of a unit currently listed for sale shared what they have loved about living in Windsor Green…
- We frequently walk Windsor Green’s trails… it’s like living in our own private park.
- We love the friendliness of the Windsor Green (WG) residents. There is a unique sense of neighborhood where people look out for one another, but they are not ever intrusive.
- The year that we moved into our home, I joined a WG book club – over time our group’s focus has grown into much more than reading and discussing books. We still read and discuss books, but we’ve become a group that cares about and supports each member. WG has many groups such as biking, walking, cooking groups and more. All welcome new members.
- The Association’s maintenance staff is hardworking, competent, respectful of and responsive to the needs/requests of WG residents. Every day you can see them out maintaining our property, making improvements and keeping our grounds beautiful.
- While Windsor Green is a large complex with many units, it has a sense of spaciousness and peacefulness. It is a wonderful place to live for people of all ages and all backgrounds. We will miss it very much!
Think you might like living in Windsor Green? Let me know… we can help…