I smiled when I recently read about how Baby Boomers are leading a trend to 'Lifestyle Housing'. The article said that Baby Boomers are thinking about what they want out of life and how where you live can support that. It's about time, where you live can have a profound effect on your life and well-being!
I have been advising people to buy a home that fits their lifestyle and nurtures their dreams rather than just having the right number of bedrooms and bathrooms for years. (See RELATED POSTS at the bottom of this post… check out my Lifestyle Home Search)
Here are some examples of what Baby Boomers are doing to fulfill their housing dreams… either by remodeling or buying another home…
- Getting the big deck they always wanted
- Getting the gourmet kitchen they always wanted
- Getting the master retreat they always wanted
- Getting a 'not-so-big' house that is just the right size
- Getting more energy efficient in their housing
- Getting the xxxx they always wanted 😉
Location has always been important, but people are becoming more and more aware of where they live and are moving for reasons such as…
- Switching from a suburban to an urban lifestyle
- Switching to a more rural/small town/scenic lifestyle
- Moving to be closer to children and grandchildren
- Moving to be closer to skiing, kayaking, golfing, fishing, biking, etc…
- Moving to be closer to arts, entertainment, sports, learning opportunities
- Moving to fit their top priority, whatever that may be…
But this trend isn't just for Baby Boomers… people of all ages are shunning traditional work environments and choosing where they want to live first and then building their career around that.
Does fulfilling your dreams make sense to you? If so, I would love to work with you and help make your dreams come true!
- It's all about listening…
- Sense of Place…finding your 'best place'
- Finding the right neighborhood… two things you won't find online
- What Baby Boomers and first-time homebuyers have in common
- What is your non-negotiable top priority?
- Walking to the grocery store
- Your home and community as healing places
- Finding 'Your Place'…Part 1
- Finding 'Your Place'…Part 2
- 5 things to consider before you downsize
- A Great Relocation Experience