With Valentine's Day not far away, USA Today released its Reader's Choice list of the 10 most romantic North American cities and St. Paul, Minnesota topped the list!
The quieter, more intimate of the Twin Cities has both the charm of the river and the collegiate atmosphere created by multiple colleges and universities. It is hard to resist strolling down Grand Avenue and stopping in the eclectic blend of shops and places to eat, while appreciating the elegant historic homes nearby.
However, I think the spot that most exemplifies the romantic atmosphere of St. Paul is Rice Park… one of the most beautiful settings in the world. The park is bordered by the stunning Ordway Center for the Performing Arts on the west side, historic Landmark Center on the north side, the elegantly restored St. Paul hotel across from the Ordway, and the James J. Hill Reference Library opposite Landmark Center.
Even Mr. and Mrs. Claus couldn't resist coming to the park to see the amazing ice sculptures created as part of the annual St. Paul Winter Carnival, the nation's largest and oldest winter festival.
Check out homes for sale in St. Paul and discover its charming neighborhoods for yourself.
Already live here and want to check out other romantic destinations? Here is the full top 10 list.
- St. Paul, Minnesota
- Savannah, Georgia
- Victoria, British Columbia
- Santa Fe, New Mexico
- New Orleans, Lousiana
- Naples, Florida
- Bar Harbor, Maine
- Mendocino, California
- Charleston, South Carolina
- Honolulu, Hawaii
Sharlene Hensrud, RE/MAX Results - Email – St. Paul Realtor
- Sunday's Site – Rice Park, St. Paul
- Site of one of the Twin Cities' best French restaurants once had the most elaborate movie palace in the Upper Midwest
- Nearly 100 years later, St. Paul Cathedral's pipe organs finally at full voice
- St. Paul's Grand Avenue… small town feel in the big city
- Crocus Hill…the prestigious, historic St. Paul neighborhood where you can still find cobblestones
- St. Paul