The Bancroft neighborhood of south Minneapolis is made up of mostly modest and charming single family homes built prior to 1940. The combination of homes with character, affordable prices and welcoming community makes this a neighborhood especially appealing to first-time homebuyers.
Like the neighboring Standish neighborhood, popular and affordable Bancroft is primarily residential, with most of the homes owner occupied and about half of the homes occupied by families with children. Average sale price of Bancroft homes for sale sold this past year was $175,328.
When the area was first developed, residents rode streetcars into downtown to work and shopped at local businesses. Now many residents ride buses or bikes, and the business center at 38th & Chicago is showing renewal… residents are excited to welcome the newest Seward Coop coming to that corner soon. And of the course, the vibrant corner of 48 & Chicago isn't far away, with Minnehaha Parkway just a few blocks further.
I am curently helping a young couple sell their home in the Bancroft neighborhood where they have loved living for the last 7 years. Here are some of the things they love about their community…
- Friendly, welcoming neighbors
- Participate in national night out
- Share dog sitting and child care
- Invested in the connectivity of the neighborhood
- Close to 48th & Chicago shopping, restaurants, alternative health clinics
- Close to the up and coming 38th & Chicago
- Blue Ox Coffee, Fire Art Center, art galleries
- New location of the soon-to-open Seward Co-op
- Close to Colossal Café to the east and Kim Bartmann’s soon-to-open Tiny Diner to the north
Think you might like living in this Nokomis area of Minneapolis? Check out Nokomis homes for sale and let us know if you would like to see any properties!
Sharlene Hensrud, RE/MAX Results – Email – Minnepaolis Nokomis Area Realtor