Nestled in the hills next to Lake Harriet, Linden Hills is not only one of the most charming walkable neighborhoods in Minneapolis, it is also the home of one of the best bakery/pastry/coffee shops… Rose Street Patisserie, the second bakery of one of the best pastry chefs in the world!
I drive through quaint downtown Linden Hills regularly as I am showing homes in the area and although I knew Rose Street Patisserie was there somewhere and kept thinking I would stop when I noticed it driving by that never happened because I never saw it!
Last weekend I finally decided to find it. We plugged the address into our GPS and were surprised when we were directed to enter off 43rd Street, BEHIND the main downtown street where I expected it to be… in a new building… with an actual parking lot!!
We didn’t have time to sit and enjoy the light from the window wall, but picked up an amazing baguette. Baguettes are one of my measures of a good bakery… should be crispy on the outside and light and creamy on the inside. This baguette was one of the best in the Twin Cities.
The space itself is spare and chic… showing off its impressive pastries lined up in the display cases like exceptional jewels. I took home a piece of their Flourless Chocolate Raspberry Cake for later with no regrets! Next time I will have to try one of their lovely French Macrons.
A fan of their sister bakery, Patisserie 46, I already knew that their breads and pastries were to die for. What I wasn’t expecting was their simple yet intriguing breakfast/lunch menu.
I have heard their Avocado Toast is amazing… hmm… next time…
Interested in living in Linden Hills? Check out Linden Hills homes for sale …then contact us to take a look. I am working with relocation buyers right now who are closing on their Linden Hills home next month!
- Spring is in the air around Lake Harriet in Linden Hills
- Sebastian Joe’s… homemade ice cream to lick around the city lakes
- ZUMBRO… serving breakfast, lunch and Linden Hills neighborhood spirit
- Chain of Lakes… part of the 50-mile Minneapolis Grand Rounds National Scenic Byway
- Sunday’s Site – ‘Downtown’ Linden Hills, Minneapolis
- Linden Hills 44th & Beard… home of the original Turtle Bread Company
- The most perfect example of Byzantine mosaic art in the US