Minneapolis was ranked 6th best city for an active lifestyle in 2016 and it is nowhere more evident than around its city lakes. Although Easter was the first full day of spring this year, it was on Monday that spring was really in the air. The sun shone, temperatures rose, and people came out in droves to walk, run, rollerblade and cycle around the lakes.
We headed to Lake Harriet, in the heart of Linden Hills to take our first official spring walk with a stop for homemade ice cream at Sebastian Joe’s. We were not alone, even the ducks were out… with evidence of swimming, boating and concerts to come in the pavillion.
Linden Hills consistently makes the lists of best places to live in the Twin Cities, and with good reason. It is nestled in an idyllic spot between Lake Calhoun and Lake Harriet, and its neighborhood shops give it a small town feel. Its roots go back to native American settlements, pastoral farms, and vacation homes away from the city. It is hard to imagine this being away from the city now… it is only about 15 minutes to the heart of downtown Minneapolis. But its distinctive blend of small lake town with a city vibe makes it a neighborhood that is always in demand as a great place to live.
We would love to help you check out Linden Hills homes for sale… just give a call or text, or send an email… there is nothing we like better than showing off our wonderful city and helping people find the right home and neighborhood for them!
Sharlene Hensrud, RE/MAX Results – Minneapolis Linden Hills Realtor
- Sebastian Joe’s… homemade ice cream to lick around the city lakes
- ZUMBRO… serving breakfast, lunch and Linden Hills neighborhood spirit
- Chain of Lakes… part of the 50-mile Minneapolis Grand Rounds National Scenic Byway
- Sunday’s Site – ‘Downtown’ Linden Hills, Minneapolis
- Linden Hills 44th & Beard… home of the original Turtle Bread Company
- The most perfect example of Byzantine mosaic art in the US