Going to the Guthrie theater? Make it more than a single cultural event, truly enjoy the full arena of the Guthrie Theater. The people, the history, the arts, the architecture and the ambiance.
Get there early! One hour before is good. You get better and closer parking if you leave home early. Sometimes, there's less traffic, too. A great cell phone application for parking on-street is the MPLS Parking app. No fumbling in the cold and dark with credit cards, just type in your on-street parking spot number while your in your car and voila!
- Getting there early allows you to "mill around," too.
- Visit the Gift Shop – lots of good stuff in there
- Endless Bridge – really beautiful views of the river and the Mill District, year round
- Food & Beverages – Several restaurants and bars are open prior to performances
- People – It's fun to watch people
Make attending a Guthrie's plays or musicals a broad cultural-absorbing experience. There is much to appreciate in that beautiful building.
This fall I started volunteering as an usher at the Guthrie. It's fun and you get to see lots of people.
John Hensrud, REALTOR