We strolled through the University of Minnesota Minneapolis campus on a beautiful quiet Sunday between the end of summer and the bustle of the beginning of the fall semester and were entranced by the Scholars Walk, the Wall of Discovery and Walk of Fame. It is truly impressive how the accomplishments of UMN students and faculty have impacted lives in many ways. In the words of Steve Jobs, "they change things. They invent. They imagine. They heal. They explore. They create. They inspire. They push the human race forward."
Contributions are significant in so many areas, and I didn't start snapping photos until the end of our walk… above is a sampling of but a few outstanding alumni in the creative arts and architecture.
Even if you have no reason to visit the University of Minnesota campus it is worth a visit simply for the beautiful grounds and architecture… and as a reminder of what a tremendous source of ingenuity, inspiration and pride it is for our community and the state of Minnesota.
Sharlene Hensrud, RE/MAX Results – Minneapolis-St. Paul Arts Realtor
- University of Minnesota – Wow!
- Weisman Art Museum has distinctive Frank Gehry design
- Seward Neighorhood… Minneapolis Biker's Paradise and Walker's Dream!
- Sunday's Site – TCF Bank Stadium, University of Minnesota
- What a difference!
- Minnesota Hotbed for Children's Literature… hosts prestigious Arbuthnot Lecture
- Prospect Park neighborhood… more than its Witch's Hat Water Tower