"It is hard to imagine that ice can FLOW!" ~ Elisabeth M. Hanson
NOTE: I spend my Wednesdays Unplugged from appointments. It's my day to stay home, enjoy cooking and welcome our kids and grandkids for dinner in the evening. We end our meal with quotes from the Norwegian 'Quote Cup' passed on to me from my grandmother. I share a quote and a recipe here each week, and sometimes some photos of family fun. I love trying new recipes…and love getting recipes you would like to share!
STRAWBERRY SPINACH SALAD with strawberry dressing
- 1 cup hulled and sliced strawberries
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 ounces baby spinach, washed and dried
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
For the dressing, puree 3/4 cup strawberries, white wine vinegar, basil, olive oil, sugar, salt and pepper in a food processor or blender until smooth.
Toss spinach, cheese, almonds and remaining 1/4 cup strawberries in a large bowl and lightly drizzle with dressing.
- Wednesdays Unplugged – Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Wednesdays Unplugged – Naomi's Strawberry Spinach Salad