"It's not what we have in our life, but who we have in our life that counts." ~ J.M. Laurence
NOTE: I spend my Wednesdays Unplugged from appointments. It's my day to stay home, enjoy cooking and welcome our kids and grandkids for dinner in the evening. We end our meal with quotes from the Norwegian 'Quote Cup' passed on to me from my grandmother. I share a quote and a recipe here each week, and sometimes some photos of family fun. I love trying new recipes…and love getting recipes you would like to share!
Last weekend was a busy one… grandkid sleepover… celebrating our 45th wedding anniversary at Restaurant Alma with our anniversary buddies who were married the same day… fabulous family day at Valleyfair when RE/MAX Results bought out the park for staff and employees. It's hard to explain how surreal it feels to walk up to a ride and just get on with no lines… priceless!
RECIPE OF THE WEEK
We belong to the same church as our anniversary buddies and since Sunday was 'the day' we decided to invite our families and bring treats for coffee hour after the service. Since neither John nor I nor our grandchildren drink coffee, we brought a fruity punch. It was deliciously fresh tasting, so I had to record it here so I can find it again! We had some leftovers which I offered to one of our pastors… she said she would take me up on it… said it was so good she felt like drinking it all day!
CROWD PLEASER PUNCH
- 2 – 96 ounce bottles Ocean Spray 100% cranberry juice with no added sugar
- 2 – 12 ounce cans frozen orange juice, thawed
- 2 – 12 ounce cans frozen grapefruit juice, thawed
- 2 – 12 ounce cans frozen lemonade, thawed
- 4 – 1.5 liter bottles club soda, chilled
- 4 – 1.5 liter bottles ginger ale, chilled
- Ice (there is double the typical amount of frozen juice concentrate in this recipe, so it can handle melting ice without getting too diluted)