We recently listed a home on Highland Parkway in St. Paul, and the seller was so effusive about the location I had to share her words below.
Our house at 2154 Highland Parkway is an incredible location! It's within walking distance of almost any want, need or passion one could have. It's one of the top reasons we've loved living here for over 20 years. We can park our cars after a day or week of work and walk to eat, shop, bank, work-out or be entertained. Plus, it's within walking distance to schools, churches/temple and the Highland Library and Hillcrest Community Center. Only a short distance away are three of the Associated Colleges of the Twin Cities (ACTC): St. Kate's, Macalester and St. Thomas. Both campuses of the University of Minnesota are also readily accessible.
By walking one or two blocks we have access to the following:
- Restaurants: Punch, Highland Grill, Vina, Tiffany's, Cecil's Deli, Chatterbox, Panera, Baker's Square, Highland Café, etc.
- Pharmacies: Walgreens, Lunds & Byerlys, the new Target Express
- Banks/Credit Unions: Wells Fargo, Highland Bank,TCF, US Bank, Trustone Financial
- Coffee Shops: Starbucks, Caribou, Quixotic Coffee
- Groceries: Lunds and Byerlys
- Retail Shops: Half Price Books, Erik's Bike Shop, Tea Source, Patina, Schuler Shoes, Talbots, Petco
- Fitness: Core Power Yoga, Lifetime Fitness, M Gayle Studio
- Liquor Stores: Haskells, International Spirits, Liquor Village
- Movies: Highland Theater
- Ice Cream: Dairy Queen, Menche's
- Numerous medical/dental professionals
- Little Free Libraries (at least 3!)
Our top location "like" is being so close to East River Road. Within two blocks we have access to great walking and biking paths that connect to both downtowns and to four park "jewels": Hidden Falls, Crosby Park, Minnehaha Park and Ft. Snelling State Park.
When we aren't walking or biking, our drives are also convenient. We are:
❧ Minutes from both downtowns
❧ Less than 10 minutes to the airport
❧ Minutes to 494, 35E, 94 interstates, Crosstown (62)
We have also taken advantage of the convenient mass transit options our location offers us.
❧ About a mile to the Blue Line LRT
❧ Cretin, Cleveland Bus lines to both Minneapolis and St. Paul
We've always said that we have the BEST location in Highland Park! (And it may become even better with plans for re-development of the Ford Plant site!!)
If you are looking for a walkable location, ask us to show you homes in St. Paul's Highland Park… it is one of the best in the Metro!!
Sharlene Hensrud, RE/MAX Results - Highland Park Realtor
The team at HomesMSP - Sharlene, John, Angela – St. Louis Park Buyer's Agents