A couple weeks ago I gave you some tips on how to start "Setting the Stage" to get your home in top selling condition. If you missed the first Five Tips check out that post at "Tips on How to Start Setting the Stage – Part 1".
But now let's continue with five more important Home Staging Tips.
6) Clean, Clean, Clean: If you are selling a car you detail clean it, toothbrush clean. The same must be done with your home when selling and it must be maintained that way. You will be way ahead of your competition if your house sparkles!
7) Depersonalize: If you wouldn't see it in a model home you don't want the buyer to see it in your home. No trash containers, bathroom scales, tooth paste, or shampoo.
8) Accessorize: No mater how old your home, it can look like a model home with a few inexpensive accessories in key areas.
9) Lighting: You can never have too much. No one likes to walk into a dark and dreary house. You may need to buy additional lighting and make sure to place it in the most enhancing position for the room. If possible, turn on every light prior to a showing.
10) Repairs and Upgrades may be Needed: If something needs fixing, fix it. The buyer will discount the price three times what it will cost to have it fixed. Plus it sends a bad message about the home. With upgrades consider the listing price of your home. The buyer expects to find certain things in a given price range. A trained Home Stager and your Realtor make an excellent team to assist you through this process to maximize your return on investment for those upgrades.
Your home is one of your largest assets. Take the time to get it in top selling condition and hire an expert. It will be worth the investment!
Shar Sitter, owner Rooms With Style Home Staging and Redesign Minneapolis MN.
CHSE and APSD Home Stager Pro Trainer