New town home complexes often have upscale finishes and trendy design, but are lacking when it comes to practical space… for living, storage, garage, as well as surrounding green space! Add to that the spendy cost of newer construction and it can be difficult to come up with a realistic option.
New Brighton's Windsor Green town house complex is a one-of-a-kind realistic option with space both inside and out. It was built in the 1960s… old enough so some units have already been beautifully updated, with others ready for you to make your own renovations. But regardless of finishes, they have space rarely found in town homes without higher price tags.
New Brighton's Windsor Green was the first owner-occupied townhome complex in Minnesota and it was carefully designed to be an enticing reason to transition from a house. It was well planned when it was built and continues to be effectively self-managed and maintained, with an onsite manager hired by the association board. No rentals are allowed, resulting in residents who take pride in their homes.
Its thoughtful plan with spacious units of six different designs all with double garages, 34 acres of beautiful, park-like grounds with miles of paths, 2 swimming pools, tennis courts and playgrounds give the feeling of owning your home in a resort setting where everything outside is taken care of for you.
All this, and Silverwood Regional Park (part of Three Rivers Park District) with a focus on arts and the environment is right across the street… and Silver Lake Village with shopping, dining and services is just down the street only about half a mile away.
Here are some things a current resident has liked about living in Windsor Green…
- Community run by a board of elected officials
- Low monthly fees, currently $235 a month
- Grounds professionally kept up by staff who are friendly and helpful at all times
- Onsite office is a friendly place to get all your questions answered
- Clean pools in the spring to fall with working equipment and tables and chairs
- Tennis court with lessons if you want
- Many activities to participate in if you choose throughout the year
- Child friendly as well as pet friendly
- Well lit at night… I worked different hours and found this inviting
- Safe at all times
- Quiet neighborhood
- Close to Silverwood Park
- Public transportation nearby
Want to find out more about Windsor Green? Let us know, we know it well and can help!