"The important thing is to never stop questioning." ~ Albert Einstein
NOTE: I spend my Wednesdays Unplugged from appointments. It's my day to stay home, enjoy cooking and welcome our kids and grandkids for dinner in the evening. We end our meal with quotes from the Norwegian 'Quote Cup' passed on to me from my grandmother. I share a quote and a recipe here each week, and sometimes some photos of family fun. I love trying new recipes…and love getting recipes you would like to share!
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cider or red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons onion, finely chopped (or 3/4 teaspoon onion powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2-3 teaspoons poppy seeds
In a blender or food processor combine the sugar, vinegar, lemon juice, onion and salt. Process until blended. With blender running, gradually add oil. Add poppy seeds and blend.
- 10 cups romaine or lettuce, cut up
- 1 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 medium apple, cubed
- 1 medium pear, cubed
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2-1 cup cashews, chopped
In a large bowl combine the romaine/lettuce, Swiss cheese, apple, pear and cranberries. Drizzle with desired amount of dressing. (you may not need all of it. The rest can be refrigerated for another time.) Add cashews and serve immediately.