Remember the city "pools"? They were rectangular concrete holes in the ground.
Now, we have beautiful aquatic playgrounds! Sprinklers, chutes, slides, tubing and more! And they are still evolving for even more fun.
Most kids love these places and could spend hours there. Moms love it, too! Farmers tans might hold backs some, but who cares – go for it!
There are many water parks in the Metro area and some that are just a little ways out.
Of course most people think of Valley Fair, but there are more… here are just a few!
- Maple Grove Community Pool has a double-pool indoor/outdoor setup at their Community Center. maplegrovemn.gov
- How about a gondola cruise on the St Croix River out of Stillwater? Try Gondola Romantica
- Como Town Splash Zone, in St Paul, is a wonderful place for children. Buckets of fun! Tubing and a zipline are a great combination. comotown.com
- St Louis Park has an obstacle course in the pool at their Aquatic Center. stlouispark.org/aquatic-park.html
- Beautiful Bloomington Family Aquatic Center that boasts splash pad, water playground, slides, lap swimming bloomingtonmn.gov
- Cascade Bay Waterpark This huge park has it all including an adjacent mini golf course. cityofeagan.com
- Edina Aquatic Center has a splash pad/water playground, water slides, swimming lessons, zipline, and diving boards edinaaquaticcenter.com
- Bunker Beach Water Park in Coon Rapids has most of the features of the other parks, but worth the visit bunkerbeach.com
- Jim Lupient Water Park in NE Minneapolis has 3 water slides, a log water walk, and splash pads for younger kids
John Hensrud, REALTOR