Roller skating is great family fun year round, and the Roller Garden in St. Louis Park has been a go-to destination for about 70 years… especially appreciated on cold winter days!
I still keep expecting to see the iconic dinosaur on top of the building that was there for decades, but that was removed when the rink was renovated… complete with new hardwood maple skating floor, sound system, redemption games, snackbar and souvenir store.
Family owned and operated by people who care about their customers, it is great fun for the whole family, and a favorite for birthday parties, school field trips and fundraisers. It is also easy to get to, just west of Highway 100 at the Minnetonka Blvd exit.
I love going to watch the talented skaters. Roller rinks hold a special place in my heart because it was how my parents met. My mother loved telling the story of how my dad was an oustanding skater, and she fell for him 8 times their first evening out together!
Think you might like living in St. Louis Park? It is an awesome, kid-friendly suburb with easy access to everywhere! Check out homes for sale in St. Louis Park… then give me a call or send a text for a private tour!
- Park Tavern… a St. Louis Park gathering spot for over 50 years
- Westwood Hills… home of St. Louis Park's Nature Center
- Steel Toe Brewing and the Minnesota Craft Beer Explosion
- Sunday's Site – The West End, St. Louis Park
- Sunday's Site – St. Louis Park's Excelsior & Grand, Wolfe Park
- Sunday's Site – Highway 100: Lilac Way
- Sunday's Site – yum! Kitchen and Bakery, St. Louis Park
- Sunday's Site – Bikeways & St. Louis Park
- St. Louis Park landmark in cluster of historic firsts
- Lounge & Reserved Seating at ShowPlace Icon Movie Theater, St. Louis Park
- St. Louis Park