1. Preserved natural beauty – Eden Prairie is one of the only cities in the Twin Cities metro area with more than 4,500 acres of open space wetlands, including views of 17 lakes and more than 100 ponds.
2. More than 170 miles of multi-use trails and nearly 200 miles of sidewalks – I have had home buyers specifically choose Eden Prairie because they wanted a neighborhood with both trails and sidewalks which foster a sense of community.
3. Strong economy – A bedroom suburb in the 1960s, Eden Prairie is now home to more than 2,200 businesses, including the headquarters of Digital River, SuperValu, C.H. Robinson Worldwide, MTS Systems Corporation and the Minnesota Vikings. There are more than 50,000 jobs right here.
4. Outstanding schools – In the words of the Superintendent of the Eden Prairie School District… “An education that prepares students for an ever-evolving future demands innovation and a willingness to adapt to new ideas. Our district’s outstanding reputation and long history of excellence is a result of our ability to do both, and to foster the same attitudes in our students.”
5. Best suburban coffee shop – Eden Prairie’s Dunn Bros Coffee, located in the historic Smith Douglas More farmhouse built in 1877, is not your typical suburban coffee shop… it invites you to come, sit for a spell and hang out with your neighbors.
6. Staring Lake Park – In winter Staring Lake Park becomes a winter wonderland with a 700-ft sledding hill, ski trails, snow boarding, ice skating and snowshoeing. When the snow is gone, the cross-country ski area becomes an off-leash dog park. Summer brings free concerts in the amphitheater, disc golf, fishing and walking trails around the lake.
7. Transit Hub – Winner of many awards, Southwest Transit is headquartered in Eden Prairie and serves three suburbs, providing express bus routes from the Southwest Transit Park-N-Ride Station to downtown Minneapolis and other destinations. Light rail service to downtown is in the planning stages.
8. Community Center designed to help you Live Well – A resource for the whole community, the Eden Prairie Community Center includes state-of-the-art facilities, including a fitness center, 3 ice rinks, an 8-lane lap pool and two full-sized racquetball courts.
9. Shopping, dining, entertainment – Including Eden Prairie Center, a regional shopping center with more than 100 shops, restaurants, businesses and an 18-plex movie theater complex
10. 99% Quality of Life – Results of the most recent annual Quality of Life Survey conducted by the City of Eden Prairie, polling the public on just how great things are in the area.
One of Money Magazine’s “Best Places to Live in America” since 2006, Eden Prairie earned a first place ranking in 2010. Not only is it family-friendly… it has a dynamite economy… it is loaded with acres of greenery, lakes and ponds… it has top-notch schools and safe streets… and its residents rank among the healthiest people in the nation.
- 5 Twin Cities suburbs in the top 20 Best Places to Live in America… including Number One!
- Best suburban coffee shop… awesome atmosphere in Eden Prairie's historic Smith Douglas More House
- Eden Prairie Community Center Helps Its Citizens Live Well
- Sledding at Staring Lake Park, Eden Prairie