My husband's brother and his wife were here last weekend so all 'the girls' could go to a baby shower for their first grandbaby. Too bad the 'mother-of-honor' wasn't in the photo above, but I still couldn't pass it up. After a gorgeous weekend of 70 degrees weather we are having a mix of snow and rain today… the winter that won't quit hasn't given up yet!
RECIPE OF THE WEEK
This week's recipe from Gene Smart Wellness is great as a side dish or main dish… I loved it for lunches all week.
ZESTY BLACK BEAN, CORN, QUINOA SALAD
- 1 can black beans (15-ounce), rinsed and drained
- 2 cans whole kernel corn (15-ounce), rinsed and drained
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 ripe avocado, chopped
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Dash of salt
- Dash of pepper
Mix dressing ingredients together, set aside. Combine the rest of the ingredients, drizzle with dressing stir to coat. Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.